Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Verses compiled by Ken Boa:

I will give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name, and make known to others what He has done. I will sing to Him, sing praises to Him, and tell of all His wonderful acts. (1 Chronicles 16:8-9)

Glory in the holy name of the Lord; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonderful works He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced. (1 Chronicles 16:10-12)

I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. (Psalm 9:1-2)

I trust in Your loyal love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has dealt bountifully with me. (Psalm 13:5-6)

I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of the grave. (Psalm 86:12-13)

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all your iniquities and heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion; who satisfies your desires with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalm 103:2-5)

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. May my meditation be pleasing to Him; I will be glad in the Lord. (Psalm 104:33-34)

My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh will bless His holy name for ever and ever. (Psalm 145:21)

I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. (Psalm 146:2)

I will exult in the Lord; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and enables me to go on the heights. (Habakkuk 3:18-19)

We should not get drunk on wine, for that is dissipation. Instead, we should be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; singing and making music in our hearts to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:18-20)

I will rejoice in the Lord always. (Philippians 4:4)

I will rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for me in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Since I am receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, I will be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for my God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:28-29)

Through Jesus, I will continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. (Hebrews 13:15)

I will fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. I will worship Him who made the heavens and the earth, the sea and the springs of water. (Revelation 14:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment