Friday, May 14, 2010

Facebook and Privacy...things to Consider

Related to our discussion last week on social media's impact to us and to our children, Ed Stetzer, who recently preached at Johnson Ferry in January, and a very tech-savvy guy, has this to say about Facebook:

"I live a public life through Twitter, the blog and my Facebook public page, but I also think it's important to have the freedom to limit what I share. Facebook no longer agrees and, since it is their system, I deleted my personal page yesterday. My friend Bill Kinnon is out as well. Read his thoughts here.

Facebook has decided that I cannot stay on, connect with a couple hundred friends, and interact without being listed for all to see. For what it is worth, if I were you, I would have concerns about the continual erosion of privacy that Facebook represents. Simply put, Facebook is increasingly unconcerned about privacy. Again, as Wired magazine explained, Facebook has gone rogue."

To read more about his concerns, check out the whole article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment